Speedminton. The ability to play "tennis" wherever you would like - the beach, the park, your back yard, wherever.
The "sport" uses an exclusive birdie called Speeder that is designed to fly fast and automatically start braking at the end of its flight ready for the return volley. These puppies can move up to 190 mph (Holy Crap!). Its for ages 8 and up and requires no net and no court. In fact, it can be played at night too with "Speedlights" attachments to make the birdies glow.
The Speedminton Fun Set includes:
- 2 Speedracquets: High quality, extruded Aluminum for lightness and maximum durability. Weighs just 6 oz, and is 23" long. Suits all ages.
- 3 Speeders: Made from patented, aerodynamic materials, each for a different kind of Play. One Fun Speeder for recreational play; one longer-distance, 190-mph Match Speeder; a Night Speeder for nighttime play.
- 4 Speedlights: For up to three hours of after dark play. Inserts into the cap of Night Speeder.
- 1 Speedbag: For carrying portability
- 1 Wind Ring: For play in windy conditions
- 1 Set Fun Court and Fun Guide-book: For those who love to compete! Eight cones to set up a competitive court
I don't know why they're referencing tennis, or why Sharapova's involved. Seems to me this would be a bigger draw for badminton players. But it does look like fun.
Watch a video about Speedminton here.
The fun pack starts at $39.95 from Mansion Select