Polo Tennis Products
August 8, 2008
July 4, 2008
Few brands are more American than Ralph Lauren.
Below is just one image of the 2008 Wimbledon lifestyle collection from Polo Ralph Lauren. Cool, contemporary and classic - exactly what we love here at Whats All The Racquet. I think I like the women's line just a little bit more, but both men's and women's are spot on.
We had trouble picking which images to show, we finally came down on this one. But they're all great, check out more of them at Tennis Served Fresh.
Noël Wallace at Permalink
| Comments (0)
April 8, 2008
Down the Line provided a first look at the thread the US Olympic Team will be wearing this year in Beijing. Polo Ralph Lauren got the gig, and in true Polo fashion, has gone to the classics, which we like a lot.
A little more from the Wall Street Journal today:
At the Olympic Village and at the Closing Ceremonies, athletes' wardrobes will include V-neck tennis sweaters and ties, classic Polo mesh shirts with "Beijing" written in big Chinese characters across the front and cargo pants -- all in a patriotic palette of red, white and blue. The Olympic logo featured on the new uniforms may include a replica of a crest with stars and stripes used by the 1932 U.S. Olympic team at the Los Angeles Games. Polo ponies of varying sizes will also make an appearance on the garments.
In keeping with Olympic tradition, the athletes' Opening Ceremonies attire won't be revealed until Aug. 8 -- the day of the Opening Ceremonies.
More Polo Ralph Lauren Tennis here.
October 15, 2007
Happy birthday to my daughter, Isabel, who turns two today. Time surely flies.
While I've been trying to get her to pick up a racquet, the 'ole motor skills just aren't there yet...unless used for smashing things in my house. So, here are the first items I'll get for her when the time comes.
First things first, you need a racquet. My first racquet was a Davis wood junior, and I quickly moved on to a Jack Kramer Pro Staff. The Sharapova junior looks like a good bet, big head, short throat and light.
Prince Maria Sharapova 21 Junior Tennis Racquet
There's nothing cuter than a well-dressed kid. There will be plenty of time to wear whatever she wants to play tennis. But to begin, its going to be a classic look.
Polo by Ralph Lauren Baby Girl Pique Cecilia Dress
Same idea with the classic look. Plus, Daddy wears K-Swiss too.
No one likes blisters, so padded socks are a must.
Kid's 3 Pack Cotton Quarter Sock
And unless I want to spend 28 of the 30 minutes we're on the court chasing balls, we better have a lot of them.
Bucket of Practice Balls
September 8, 2007
Let's give a hand to the unsung heroes of the tournament - the ball girls and ball boys. Without them (gasp), the players would have to chase their own balls. Without them, there would be no one besides the lines people for players to give dirty looks to. Without them...hmmm...I'm out of things to say. But that doesn't mean their legends can't live on with these sharp track jackets!
- Official limited-edition US Open track jacket in soft stretch cotton jersey.
- Full-zip front with "RLX"-embossed metal pull.
- Mockneck collar with contrast tipping, angled hip zip-welts.
- Ribbed collar, cuffs and hem.
- Oversized embroidered pony at the left chest.
- "US Open 2007" with flaming ball logo embroidered at the right chest.
- Oversized screen-printed pony at the back.
- 67% cotton, 28% polyester, 5% elastane. Machine washable. Imported.
- Official Licensed US Open Product.
US Open 2007 Women's Official Ball Girl Rally Jacket-White by Polo Ralph Lauren
September 3, 2007
It wouldn't be fair to talk about our favorite Polo women's top without mentioning our favorite Polo men's top - The Men's Long-sleeve Crew in Yellow. Frankly we were surprised we liked this one, the yellow typically would be a little bright for us. But, this one works. Why? Two reasons. One, the sewn stripes down the arm give it sense of quality and ruggedness. Two, the logos on the front and back merge the NYC them with a modern font and look that works great.
- Official limited-edition US Open classic-fitting long-sleeved crew shirt.
- Crafted in soft cotton jersey.
- Ribbed crew neckline, sewn sleeves and hem.
- "US Open 07" sport detail graphic on left chest
- Classic polo player and Statue of Liberty graphic featured on back
- 1.25" black stripe runs along the top of sleeves
- 100% cotton. Machine washable. Imported.
- Color: Yellow
- Official Licensed US Open Product.
US Open 2007 Men's L/S Crew-Yellow by Polo Ralph Lauren
September 1, 2007
Let's hear it for the linesmen, those tireless beacons of truth and justice on the court!......No?....McEnroe's not into this?.....Hmmm....OK....then let's hear it for their jackets! Hooray!
This is a sharp jacket brought to you by US Open sponsor Polo/Ralph Lauren. All the specs are below, but the thing that struck us was the cut. Very sharp and tailored looking. This would be a nice lighter-weight to wear on and off the court.
- Official limited-edition US Open lightweight insulated jacket in weather-resistant microfiber.
- Mockneck collar, full-zip front with storm guard.
- Fully articulated raglan sleeves with adjustable custom molded cuff tabs.
- On-seam zip-welt pockets with in-pocket adjustable hem. Full lining.
- Oversized pony screen-printed at the left chest.
- “US Open 2007” flaming ball embroidery at the right chest.
- Upper and lower shell face: 95% nylon, 5% elastane. Lower shell back: 100% nylon.
- Lining and fill: 100% polyester. Machine washable. Imported.
- Color: Navy
US Open 2007 Men's Official Linesman Jacket by Polo Ralph Lauren
August 29, 2007
Polo is a major sponsor of this year's Open. We thought we'd give you a quick rundown on the Polo US Open store. First of all, get used the excessively large Polo emblem. I get it that the pros need to wear such large brands so they are seen on TV. But be ready, these items are well-designed, but a little on the "in-your-face branding" side
The tshirts have a nice, modern cut, and some excellent urban graphic designs. We also particularly like the men's jackets. The women's products are much more striking in our opinion, especially the shirts and skirts. Overall, its exactly what you'd expect from Ralph Lauren - quality products and classic designs - but this time with a bit of a twist.
Check out the whole Polo US Open line